Thursday, November 11, 2010

FFFester for life yo...

Gosh Austin, this is why I love you... music festivals. I'm still on a big of a high from FFFFest. I would write about my experience of FFFest in greater detail, but my lovely fellow blogger friend (EMIK) wrote about it so perfectly.

To sum the festival up, it was VERY "FUN". Best bands (my opinion of course):
-The Antlers- even though their songs are a bit mellow (songs that would be the perfect setting for a road trip) it was a great band to start off the festival. I really, really liked watching the lead singer swing around with his guitar... hottness. Kudos to the sound dudes... they really turned up the volumn
Two by THE ANTLERS

-Wavves- sound was terrible... could barely hear them and during one song the mic wasn't even on. BUT just like I felt after seeing Girls at ACL, I will still like them and want to see them again. They played great and they were fun to watch. We kept running into 2 of the band members Saturday night and I acted like a total groupie. They were really nice. AND the lead singer was wearing sweat pants, with a drawstring. Pretty laid back dudes. Perfect Cali-rock... makes me want to be the "queen of the beach".
King of the Beach by WAVVES

-Delorean- so glad I saw them. Perfect Dance-rock. We danced from the backstage area (thank you Erin for knowing someone to let us get back there), spectacular light show, the keyboardist runs while he plays, the crowd LOVED THEM, and we got to meet them. YES. Another plus, they are from Spain.
STAY CLOSE by DELOREAN

-Deerhunter- wish it was a different setting (smaller venue and a crowd that was more into it), but they played the 3 songs I HAD to hear (below is 1 of the song). I can't get enough of them and I cannot wait to see them, but just them. One thing that I really like about their stage performance is their stage lighting is from the back, so all that you see is their shadows. Perfect.
Deerhunter 'Rainwater Cassette Exchange' by 4AD

-Sonny and the Sunsets- Erin and I caught them at the Hawk after the festival ended on Sunday and completely and absolutely the BEST way to end a great weekend filled with music. They are pretty flipping awesome. Their sound is a mix between Velvet Underground and early Beach Boys. Sonny (I'm assuming that's his name) was wearing a sweater from 1973 and rocked out. The crowd loved them. Thank you Aquarium Drunkard for introducing your listeners to them months ago.
Too Young to Burn by sonny & the sunsets

It was a great festival, not only because it was easy to get around and the beers were reasonably priced AND the porter potties were somewhat clean BUT the festival goers were a lot better than ACL festival goers. It was well worth it. Not only was the festival fun, but being around my sweet friends made it that much "Fun"-er.

I have way more to say... so I'll do another post, maybe later.

K is out y'all.

No comments:

Post a Comment