Friday, October 1, 2010

October 12th.... can't wait!!

So I checked the Pitchfork website today and they have an incredibly long list of all the Fall album releases. While browsing (and making notes), I happen to notice that 3 albums I've been WAITING for are finally coming out...

Beach Fossils- HEAD OVER HEELS in love with them. Their sounds is so simple to follow and easy on the ears. Bassists John, your style sounds just like Joy Division. Skinny ass boys that can play instruments well... who wouldn't love 'em.
Cloud Nothings- itunes only have like 3 songs you can download. I heard these guys a few months ago and can't wait to hear more of them. They are coming to Austin for a few shows late October and I will be front row
Real Estate- "Out of Tune" has been all over xmu and I can't get it "out of my head"... AHHHH. so excited!

If I could sum up the sound of these three bands it would be "east coast, beach lo-fi rock"?

Some other cool news... Bradford Cox will be co-hosting at xmu all next week. SOOO glad I can listen to it during the day. I have a feeling his personality will swoop me off my feet.

Anyways, that's all....

1 comment:

  1. I'm going to make a comment on my own blogost....

    In the first blog I wrote, I mentioned Ty Segall in the "weekly play list". They are playing a show tonight at The Hawk. I'm 90% sure I'm going... I've heard such great things about their stage performance, so we shall see.

    ReplyDelete