Tuesday, September 28, 2010

Pitchfork gave it a 9...

New Deerhunter album came out today.... can't wait to obsessively listen to it for weeks and compare it to my life. Details to come after I listen to it...



Alright, so I have listened to this album probably 100 times, mostly as background music, over the past 2 days. The perfect word to describe it is.... Liquid. Bradford Cox is absolutely incredible. How can a 90 pound stick man play music so, perfect. All the songs flow so well together, like liquid sounds. I will admit that this album does not have as many guitar driven songs as Microcastle (man I love "Nothing Ever Happened"), but this is the first DH album that sounds like his side project, Atlas Sound. Listening to it makes me want to swim in a pool of red wine, with Bradford. I CANNOT WAIT TO SEE DEERHUNTER AT FUN FUN FUN FEST.... holy moly!

Playlist for the week:
The entire Deerhunter album
*Fav tracks so far: Revival, Helicopter (he has the sweetest voice on this song),He Would Have Laughed
Eternal Summers- "Pogo"
Eternal Summers- "I'll Die Young for Love"

No comments:

Post a Comment